Sunday, April 27, 2014

Expressing My Thelonious Freedom



As a young man growing up in Dumas Arkansas, I was blessed to be the musician for the senior choir at St. Peter’s Rock Missionary Baptist.  My fondest memories are the Sunday afternoon choir rehearsals.  Watching and learning from a group of seasoned singers who found so much joy in singing the notes before the piano played a tone ignited a freedom in my soul that I cling to everyday.  This is my “Thelonious Freedom”.

Much like the music of Thelonious Monk, “Thelonious Freedom” expresses a sophisticated measure.  Each note plays a tone of beautiful rich texture that frees the soul from the bondage of un-inspired mood.  When I’m in that bondage, I look for my beautiful measure of freedom…my Thelonious Freedom.   


Artwork Description:
Title: Thelonious Freedom
By: George Frederick Nash
Medium: Digital Mix Media 
Size: 20” x 44”
Price: $1200.00 (Signed Artist Proof) (Frame not included)

Interested in a signed artist proof email me at gfnstudio@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment